Frequently Asked Questions
How does chiropractic work?
- Improper stress on the joint system creates changes to the body in a negative way. This can affect joints, muscles, discs and nerves. We make adjustments to the spine to help improve mobility in the joints and allow the body to heal.
What does an adjustment feel like?
- They are gentle and often provide a sense of well-being and relaxation post visit. Put simply, they feel good!
Do I have to come forever?
-No, you do not have to come forever. This is a common misconception about chiropractic care. Many patients continue maintenance based care following their initial care but you will have the final say.
What is the popping sound?
- The sound is fluid and gas releasing from a joint, like opening a soda can. It is not painful or harmful nor does it indicate the effectiveness of an adjustment.
How long will my recovery last?
- Results vary dependent upon the effort you put in. Those who have neglected their health may take longer to recover. If you play an active role in your improvement you will recover much quicker.
Will I receive any medication?
- No. Chiropractors rely on natural methods to allow you body to heal itself as it was intended to. Drugs will mask symptoms without correcting the cause of the problem.
Is chiropractic care safe?
- Chiropractic is widely recognized as one of the safest drug-free, non invasive therapies. Any risk associated with care is considered very small, such as soreness similar to how you would feel after exercising.
Is chiropractic care good for kids?
- Yes, all ages can benefit from chiropractic care. Children are often very active and growing rapidly so proper alignment is important. A proper adjustment for a child is highly skilled and very gentle.